Because Bowen can find and resolve small areas of injury in a body, it can resolve any issues before they become serious. It can also be used to maintain and improve performance as it can improve that body’s structural function such that endurance, flexibility, stamina and suppleness are all improved.
- Rugby players have reported an improved ability to ‘jinx’ across the pitch
- Squash players have reported improved ability to lunge for a shot
- Tennis players have reported better reach to awkward shots
- Runners have reported better foot fall, less post race aches and pains and improved stamina
- Horse riders have reported improved straightness in the saddle, more flexibility in the hip, and more ‘feeling’ with their horses
I sponsor a local event rider and have treated one of her event horses over the summer. This animal was described as a bit of a tank, stiff as a board and no dressage diva, but ‘one hell of a jump’. She had done ok with him, but started noticing the difference pretty quickly after I had treated him. Much more responsive, flexible and more supple through his poll and shoulder. His last run of the season was his first CCI* and out of 80+ starters, he astonished us all by coming home 16th. Needless to say, everyone was absolutely delighted and I am a permanent fixture at the yard!
You might also be aware that Bear Grylls uses Bowen – click here to read what he has to say about it.